Skip to content
- We, the members of Intermountain West District believe, teach and confess the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe, teach and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe in Him.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death and resurrection God fashions a new creation, reconciles people to Himself, and gives eternal life.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both Law and Gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and offering mercy in the person and work of Jesus Christ through whom God was pleased to reconcile all things to Himself.
- The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God. Inspired by God’s Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God’s revelation centering on Jesus Christ. Through them God’s Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world. As the inspired Word of God, the Scriptures are the sole authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life.
- We accept the Apostles’, Nicene and Athanasian creeds as true declarations of the scriptural faith we believe, teach and confess.
- We believe, teach and accept the Unaltered Augsburg Confession and the Small Catechism as true witnesses to the Word of God, normative for our teaching and practice.
- We believe, teach and confess the other confessional writings in the Book of Concord, namely, the Apology of the Augsburg Confession, the Smalcald Articles, the Treatise, the Large Catechism and the Formula of Concord, as further valid expositions of the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe, teach and confess the gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the priesthood of all believers for God’s mission in the world.